Everyone loves the flavor combinations found in this meat loaf, so much so, they will be asking for seconds. Makes 6 servings.
- 1-1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 can (15 oz.) pizza sauce, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded Italian blend cheese
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Lightly spray 10-inch square microwave-safe casserole with no-stick cooking spray. In large bowl, combine beef, 1/2 cup pizza sauce, cheese, bread crumbs, egg, seasonings, salt and pepper; mix well. Shape meat mixture to form a 9- x 5-inch loaf. Place loaf in casserole. Cover casserole with lid, leaving corners open to vent steam.
- Microwave on power Level 5, 18-22 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 160ºF when inserted in center of loaf. Remove from microwave; let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- Place remaining pizza sauce in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH, 15-20 seconds or until heated through. Top each serving, as desired, with pizza sauce.
*If your casserole does not have a lid, use microwave-safe plastic wrap and cover, leaving a corner open to vent steam. Avoid having plastic wrap come into contact with meat loaf.